Notifications are sent to riders using SMS texts to their phone number or app-based push notifications. Administrators can configure the contents of these notifications using the Spare Platform Admin Portal.
To configure your Rider Notification Settings
- Enter Spare Launch at platform.sparelabs.com
- Click on Settings in the bottom left
- Click on Notification Settings
Types of Notifications
- Ride Accepted: This is sent to riders every time their trip is accepted by the system. In a guaranteed supply system, this typically takes a few seconds after the rider books their trip.
- Ride Reminder: This is sent for all accepted rides 1-hour before the rider's requested pickup time.
- Ride No Drivers Available: This is sent to the rider if the system was not able to find a trip for them. In a robust frontend implementation, this should almost never happen. However, in busy systems there are sometimes a limited number of trips available due to high passenger demand.
- Ride Cancelled: This is sent to the rider when their ride is cancelled by someone other than the rider themselves (by a driver or administrator).