Creating a Request
Creating a trip request on Spare Platform is easy. To get started with creating a trip request, do the following:
- Log in to platform.sparelabs.com (using Google Chrome)
- Select Rides in the left menu
- In the dropdown, verify that Requests is selected
- In the top right, click Add Request
Step 1: Select a rider
- Find the rider by typing a name or phone number into the Search riders field and select on the desired user in the dropdown menu.
- If the rider does not have a user profile, select Add User and enter in their details.
Step 2: Set pickup and dropoff locations
- In the pickup field, type in the address of the riders pickup location and select the virtual stop or address in the dropdown menu.
- Pro Tip: Allow browser to fetch your location. This will populate with relevant results faster.
Step 3: Select the service
- If both pickup and dropoff locations are within an active service zone, the applicable service(s) will show up. Select the service you would like to book the trip on.
Step 4: Set the leave time
- The rider can either (a) leave as soon as possible, (b) leave at a point in the future (if enabled), (c) (if enabled) set an arrive by a time.
- Select the most relevant leave time option for the rider.
Step 5: Set passenger and accessibility preferences
- Enter in the number of passengers along with any accessibility features required for the trip. Note: This will restrict the request to services and vehicles that can accommodate the passenger's accessibility needs.
Step 6: Select payment method
- If payments are enabled for the service, select a relevant payment method for the user. Depending on payment options available, this could be Cash, Credit Card, or a Mobile Ticketing option.
- If cash is not an option, and payment is required, select Add Credit Card with Spare Pay IVR. After selecting this option, an automated system will call the rider and request for them to input a credit card.
Step 7: Enter driver notes
- Enter in any extra notes the driver may need for the passenger(s) and select Create Request. 🎉
Creating a Return Request
Creating a Return Request is simple. Click the Create Return Request button on the top of the page. This will pre-populate the rider and the pickup and dropoff locations (in reverse). You can edit the details and follow the steps above to complete the request.
Canceling a Request
Step 1: Find the Request you want to cancel
- Select Rides in the left menu. This will show you a list of all existing request. If you can't find it on the first page, use the filter button above the list of trips.
- Select (click) on the trip you want to cancel.
Step 2: Cancel the Request
- Click the Cancel Request button at the top.
Step 3: Specify cancellation details
- Fill in the information in the form and click Create Request Cancellation.
Note that if there is a payment system enabled for Spare Platform, you will also need to manually cancel the transaction (if trip was completed) when cancelling a trip, as the transaction is not tied to the trip.
What statuses can a trip request have?
Processing: The matching process is updating the request based on the latest information regarding driver availability.
No Drivers Available: The matching process did not find any drivers for the passenger to match with.
Accepted: The request has been accepted into a driver duty.
Driver Arriving: Driver is within a certain distance/time to the passenger pickup location. Note: that this status is only used for on-demand services.
Trip in Progress: Trip is in progress.
Cancelled: The request has been cancelled. To find more information about the specific cancellation reason, navigate to the detailed information regarding the specific request.
Trip Completed: The trip/request was completed by a driver.
Why can't I create a trip request?
If you go through the steps above and cannot get a trip estimate, there are a few possible reasons why.
If no service appears after you enter the pickup and dropoff addresses, the following are potential reasons why:
- One or both of the addresses falls outside of the service zones of your organization’s services
- The service you are trying to book for has been disabled
If after having entered the pickup and dropoff addresses, clicking on the respective service, and entering a desired leave time, no trips can be found, the following are potential reasons why:
- The estimated pickup and/or dropoff time falls outside of the service’s operating hours
- There are no duties scheduled for this service during the estimated pickup and/or dropoff time
- An active vehicle has gone offline due to not updating its location and so has become unmatchable. Check the Live Map to confirm by clicking on the vehicles within the zone to check status (red color indicates the a vehicles is potentially unmatchable)
- The number of passengers and/or accessibility features cannot be accommodated (either at this time due to other trips or generally by the service)